We are hoping to be starting our classes again in July, subject to government approval.
With this, we have put in place extra measures to keep our students and staff safe:
- We ask all students to come to class in their uniforms so that the changing rooms are not crowded.
- We encourage face coverings be worn if our students feel comfortable with them (We acknowledge some children or adults with sensory problems may resist face coverings)
- Until the (R) rate is significantly low, we will be doing non contact lessons with a limited number of students. This means it is very important to book ahead of time to ensure you have a place on the class. Students from the same household will be allowed to practice contact moves together when supervised by the instructor.
- All students must wash their hands with soap or hand sanitiser before and after class.
- The instructors have all completed their infection control and prevention (or similar) training and will ensure the training venue will be cleaned before and after each class.
- Payments must be in exact change or done online via BACS prior to the class starting. This will reduce handling of money and contact time with whomever is paying.
One to one classes will also be available.
We can hold one to one classes and private gradings for those who have missed our March grading and wish to grade before the next official grading. If the grading fee was already paid, the price for a private one to one grading will only be £10. Please be aware that because a student has had 3 months without training, they will need a few lessons prior to a grading to refresh their memory.
We will still be running online classes with Sensei Rachel
Online classes will continue throughout July for any student who wishes to take part. There are limited places available. Please contact Rachel via Facebook or text message 07904043650.
Our Grading dates for this November and December are as follows:
Red, white, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple and white and purple belts Sunday 2nd December 10am-12 noon at Kirkham Community Centre, Mill Street, Kirkham, Preston, PR4 2AN.
Red and White belts Sunday 18th November 9am-10am at The Activ8 Martial Arts and Wellbeing Centre, Bulk Road, Lancaster.
Yellow, Orange and Green belts Sunday 18th November 10:30am-12 noon at The Activ8 Martial Arts and Wellbeing Centre, Bulk Road, Lancaster.
Blue, Purple and white and Purple belts Sunday 18th November 1pm-2:30pm at The Activ8 Martial Arts and Wellbeing Centre, Bulk Road, Lancaster.
All Brown and white belts and above:
Sunday 9th December 9:30 am -12:30 pm at The Activ8 Martial Arts and Wellbeing Centre, Bulk Road, Lancaster.
Places still available on our Activ8 Holiday Club
Open to students and non students ages 4+
22nd October- 26th October
Monday – Friday 9am- 3pm (extended childcare 8am-5am if needed)
£20 per day or £50 for the week!
At the Activ8 Martial Arts and Wellbeing Centre, Bulk road, Lancaster
Contact Sensei Laura on: 07508822395
We have lots of classes available for adults to train on, whether it be to increase fitness levels, learn self defence techniques or just to meet people and try something new.
Come along and have a free trial class to see how you like it!
Kirkham Adult self defence- Monday 7pm-8pm at the William Segar Hodgson Pavillion, Kirkham, PR4 2HE
Big and Kid class- Tuesday 6pm-7pm at the Activ8 Martial Arts and Wellbeing Centre, Lancaster ( Starting in November)
Women’s Self Defence and fitness- Friday 6pm-7:30pm at the Activ8 Martial Arts and Wellbeing Centre, Lancaster
Adult Jujitsu and Self defence- Saturday 11am-1pm at the Activ8 Martial Arts and Wellbeing Centre, Lancaster